Laboratories – The center houses a number of pieces of equipment included
- Waters’ Ultra Performance (UPLC)
- Agilent’s GC analytical systems for research and plant metabolomics
- Perkin Elmer’s atomic absorption (AA) spectrophotometer
- Chinchilla Scientific’s discrete analyzer for macro and micronutrients
- Molecular lab for genotyping
- Root capture and ground penetrating radar system for phenotyping
Greenhouses and High Tunnels
Two greenhouses and four high tunnels are dedicated to research on containerized transplants, hydroponics, grafting tomato, and vegetable breeding.
There are more than 100 acres equipped with precision irrigation systems with a linear LEPA and two center picots, plus 50 acres of drip and sprinklers which are dedicated to research on cropping systems and sustainable production, crop improvement, and genotype responses to abiotic and biotic stresses.
Five acres of organically certified land are dedicated for research on vegetable production and breeding, nutrient use efficiency, soil health, and cultivar adaptation.